Saturday, October 13, 2007

Kara equals moving up in the world

I got some new gloves from Maiden! Ok- That's the good news, but lets go through the Kara run....otherwise this blog would just suck.

Savage Desire was set to run the raid a 8 O'clock.....we started at nine cause an officer was trying to get two raids going at once. That's OK...its for the guild...still sucks....

So we finally get in at nine and I am informed that I am the MT....this is my second time in Kara....and I am the MT....Yeehaw! At this point I am pretty proud of myself because I have shown myself competent enough to be a solid meatshield!

So we rip through the guys to Attumen! Attumen comes out ready to kill!....and the meatshield didn't catch him in time...but we all lived! Once I finally grabbed Attumen it was all downhill from there. By the time everyone was ready to Attumen (before he mounts up) I had more aggro then they could ever pull off of me. Our entire DPS group just unloaded on him...and HARD! He mounts up and drops to his death.

Next up- Moroes- I hate Moroes....not really....I like em a lot. Everyone ELSE hate Moroes...depending on the group. Moroes didn't go quite as well, but very well nonetheless. We got the WORST group you can for Moroes (MS Warrior, Holy Pally, Shadow Priest..I forgot the last one). The first time Dezzi, our main healer, died and we reset it. Not a big deal and Dezzi is up and running after a quick rez. Our raid leader takes an interesting approach at this point- Down the healer and priest and then shackle the last two, down Moroes while the other two are shackled and then unleash on them when Moroes is down. It worked well. Second shot for Moroes- Not bad considering the luck we had with the party.

Next up- Opera! We got the Big Bad Wolf- This had to be the most fun I have ever had in an instance. First time we wipe the entire raid. That's OK- Everyone is laughing at the meatshield cause he was little red riding hood when he died....
Second time- Took him down with only a little trouble. We had to pop a Battle Rez on our guy, but all in all he went down pretty well. I must admit...part of me is glad things are going well, but NO warrior gear...makes me sad.

We decide to make a quick jump to Maiden before we call it a night. Maiden somehow manages to whoop our ass. We run in with brief- Here it goes speech. After tanking her ass for about a minute I drop...and hard. The OT jumps in to take my place and does a damn fine job of doing so. Since the raid didn't stay in front of the pillars our healers couldn't get to them and we wiped. We laugh it off cause Maiden has become so easy for us. We jump right back in and the meatshield dies again after a few minutes...WTF?! Meatshield is confused why he is dead....again. Fortunately we downed Maiden the second time....by the skin of our teeth. Our hunter, Lleu, managed to get his VERY last shot to down Maiden for the team! Lucky, lucky, shot.....but she was dead.

Much to my surprise the gloves drop off Maiden! I pass cause I think I have decent gloves to begin with...the my guildies point out that I am a n00b and give me the gloves. Not just any glvoes Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden I now have a SOLID set of DPS gloves AND tanking gloves! First thing the Meatshield did was get the Enchant gloves- Threat on my brand new spiffy gloves!

No comments: